domingo, 27 de novembro de 2011

Simple Truths


I've started reading this book called "Simple Abundance"with little personal essays every day for personal  soul searching and simple meditation. It's amazingly comforting and nurturing. 
The last 3 days have brought great phrases and thoughts for me: 


Nov 25
When you're sick:
Next time you're not feeling well please cradle yourself gently with kindness and compassion. You'll be better for it.


Nov 26
All shall be well, 
And all shall be well,
and all manner of things will be well.


This simple affirmation of faith is especially comforting because it seems to console the dark submerged sadness of the inexplicable, the unexpressed, the unresolved, the unfair and the undeniable that stalk my soul after I close my eyes. 
Some mysteries are beyond our comprehension. Some mysteries we will never solve. Never know. 
Sometimes we can't make sense of it. Sometimes none of it makes sense.  Sometimes it just is. But if we can hold on long enough for this night to give way to another day, all shall be well, even if it's different from what we had expected.


Nov 27
What do women want?
A nap, Dr. Freud, a nap.
If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, napping is not optional. 
"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a  nap"Carrie Snow insists. no day is so good that it can;t be made better with a  terrific time out. 






It's like this woman has read my soul and gives me allowance to feel and think the way I do. Everyday I open the book up to the correct day and read and reread the 3 or 4 paragraphs, letting it sink in. 
Passionate truth.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário