terça-feira, 2 de agosto de 2011

Let's Summarize:


Closure can be spelled out in a couple of paragraphs, as it often is.

Closure meant revisiting my past by means of the children I taught.
That made me want to remember, what was my childhood like for my mother? What was I like in school, did I give my teachers a hard time, easy one, was I one of their favorites or was I a mystery? I've had all kinds of students, which one was me?
This in turn, made me remember my loads and loads of pictures sitting around, unvisited. I put my hands and memory to work and organized it all, piecing together my life story, picture by picture. This linked me to my mom's stories, which linked with my dad's story, which explained my sister's a bit better and so on and so forth. My background made more sense.

Then, in a shift of perfect timing or sincronicity, we had a family meeting last weekend, in São Paulo...and I understood where I stand in the whole family tree. I understood my place in the larger picture, way beyond my little 26 years. At the same time, I gradually transitioned into a job which also helped me reclaim my identity.

And that's where we are. A bit more integrated, a bit more ready.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário